Thursday 15 August 2013

Fairisle for me

Although i am knitting quite a lot for the baby at the moment (i can't help it - little things are so nice to make!) I did get some beautiful wool for my birthday last month.

DSC02383

I am using a pattern from the same range as my monochrome fairisle snowjumper from last year. Here is the original - shades of grey, black and white:

DSC02378

But i decided i would prefer to make a more colourful version and found this lovely wool - Drops Alpaca. There are a great number of colours to chose from, but i decided to pick from their mixed colour wools which have a slightly tweedy appearance.

You might think an alpaca is a bit of a wirey wooled creature, but this wool is the softest of any wool i've ever used.

I am not sure if i perhaps should have gone for a paler background colour, but i am pleased with the way this is going. Here is a sneak preview.

DSC02379

Back complete!

DSC02382


It's proving a little bit of a challenge as a lot of concentration is needed, but i am trying to stick with it as i know this will be a lovely new cardigan for the winter if i can finish in good time.

Yours alpacarama
Emilia x

DSC02384



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Emilia,

I could not find an email on you. I have an inquiry for you regarding your blog, so if you would please send me an email if you have time, so I can explain what this is about, that would be great!
Thank you
Aurora