Friday 4 May 2012

Toosie

Something i do quite miss about not buying clothes at the moment is the pleasing feeling of finding a gem after a good old rummage in the charity shops. 

So imagine my delight when i uncovered a large piece of berry pink flecked fabric whilst on a little charity shop shop (now i just look for plant pots and teaspoons). it was such a lovely shade, and a real steal - i couldn't resist.

Hurruh!

As the fabric was quite a flimsy one i decided an A line skirt would be best, but was delighted to realise that there was enough fabric leftover to make a matching top. A two piece (a toosie?)



I created the pattern for my top from my easy fit block. I think this would be a good basis for an easy fit shift dress in the future.


I really enjoy wearing this outfit. It's so seventies, but i think in a good way.

And speaking of the seventies, this afternoon i purchased this fabric from etsy:


It's coming from america, but i am really hoping it will arrive in time for me to make a jubilee dress. i think it will be ideal - red, white, blue and gold. i really want something with a frill. festive. 


Yours berry nicely,
Emilia. xxx



No comments: