Tuesday 10 January 2012

my newest shortie

I am so so pleased to be able to show you my latest knit - the newest shortie.

Here is a little reminder of the original pattern:


And here is my finished version:



The pattern was written for a 3 ply, and in one size only, so i had to make a few calculations to make it work in my 4ply wool, and made the body slightly smaller to fit me better. I wanted to keep the shaping at the armholes and sleeves though so they are the same size as the original and so maybe slightly out of proportion, but i don't think it really matters and i have really enjoyed wearing her.


I changed my mind about the buttons at the last minute as these little peach ones were a sweet match (and also because i want to save the pearls for a special event!). Here is a little close up of the wool too - it's so lovely with flecks of red, yellow and blue - it's Rowan scottish tweed 4ply in Herring (i think herring - maybe mackeral - a fish name for sure!) it's also lovely and light - but so warm as well.

Hurruh hurruh! Looking back i started this at the end of july. i love to think that it was started on the beach on a summer day, and now keeping me warm for winter.

Yours sporting the latest fashions,
Emilia. xx

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Pretty cardigan Emily. I'm missing the beach knitting days. xx

Emily said...

Thank you Yumi, i am really pleased with this one.

I'm missing beach knitting too it's so cold and grey here.

And i'm missing knitting with you. i hope you are well though and still with a knitting project? Perhaps we can have a video conference knit? I'll suggest it to Debbie.

xxx