Sunday 2 October 2011

Give us a toile

Last night i really did a lot of homework on my skirts. Here you can see all the pattern pieces drawn and cut out.


and this is my Keira style toile made up (with Keira for comparison) 


 I am really pleased with it. It was a good exercise as there are a couple of minor adjustments i need to make to the pattern (raising the line of the pockets is one) - but hopefully it will mean a happy sew for me now.

Here is a peek of the fabric i am going to use (little bit of linton tweed!):


I have cut the toile for the other pencil skirt out in some nice fabric (rather than curtain lining) as I have high hopes it will work out okay. Now that this one has fitted so well i am really optimistic so will let you know when it is sewn together.

Working on the patterns last night made me realise how good the classes are for me. It is great to have a reason to slow down and focus. And i am enjoying all the steps.

Yours sewn up,
Emilia.xxx


No comments: